DIOCESE OF ST. CATHARINES

The Diocese of St. Catharines was erected on November 9, 1958. Prior to this date, the territory had been part of four other Canadian Dioceses. Originally under the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Quebec, it became part of the Diocese of Kingston in 1826. In 1841 it became part of the Diocese of Toronto, then its territory was divided between the Diocese of Toronto and the newly formed Diocese of Hamilton in 1856. The Diocese of St. Catharines comprises the entire Region of Niagara, along with the Haldimand section of the Regional Municipality of Haldimand – Norfolk.

Most Rev. Gerard Bergie, D.D.

Bishop of St. Catharines

P.O. Box 875
Catholic Centre, Diocese of St. Catharines
St. Catharines , Ontario L2R 6Z4
Phone: (905) 684-0154
Fax: (905)684-7551

Most Rev. James M. Wingle,D.D.

Bishop Emeritus of St. Catharines

P.O. Box 875
Catholic Centre, Diocese of St. Catharines
St. Catharines, Ontario L2R 6Z4
Phone: (905) 684-0154
Fax: (905) 684-7551

Most Rev. John A. O’Mara,D.D.

Bishop Emeritus of St. Catharines

Holy Rosary Parish
21 Queen Street South
Thorold, Ontario L2V 3M7
Phone: (905) 227-0912
Fax: (905) 227-9133

Website
0
Total population
0
Catholic population
0
Parishes
0
Churches and chapels