DIOCESE OF SAULT STE. MARIE

The Diocese of Sault Ste. Marie was formerly established on September 16, 1904. Its territory extended west from Callander, Ontario for 800 miles, almost reaching the Manitoba border. On August 26, 1952, the western end of the diocese was separated to form the Diocese of Port Arthur, now known as the Diocese of Thunder Bay. The Diocese now comprises the Districts of Sudbury and Algoma, including portions of Nipissing District north and west of Lake Nipissing, and Manitoulin Island.

Msgr. Jean Paul É Jolicoeur, P.H.

Diocesan Administrator

Diocesan Centre
30 St. Anne Road
Sudbury, Ontario P3C 5E1
Phone: (705) 674-2727
Fax: (705) 674-9889

Most Rev. Jean-Louis Plouffe

Bishop Emeritus of Sault Ste. Marie

c/o Diocesan Centre
30 St. Anne Road
Sudbury, Ontario P3C 5E1
Phone: (705) 674-2727
Fax: (705) 674-9889

Website
0
Total population
0
Catholic population
0
Parishes and Missions