The Diocese of Sault Ste. Marie was formerly established on September 16, 1904. Its territory extended west from Callander, Ontario for 800 miles, almost reaching the Manitoba border. On August 26, 1952, the western end of the diocese was separated to form the Diocese of Port Arthur, now known as the Diocese of Thunder Bay. The Diocese now comprises the Districts of Sudbury and Algoma, including portions of Nipissing District north and west of Lake Nipissing, and Manitoulin Island.
  • Website of the Diocese of Sault Ste. Marie

  • Most Rev. Marcel Damphousse
    Bishop of Sault Ste. Marie
    Diocesan Centre
    30 St. Anne Road
    Sudbury, Ontario P3C 5E1
    Phone: (705) 674-2727
    Fax: (705) 674-9889

    Most Rev. Jean-Louis Plouffe
    Bishop Emeritus of Sault Ste. Marie
    Diocesan Centre
    30 St. Anne Road
    Sudbury, Ontario P3C 5E1
    Phone: (705) 674-2727
    Fax: (705) 674-9889