The Diocese of Timmins was originally established on December 31st, 1915 as the Diocese of Haileybury. After losing several parts of its territory to the Prefecture Apostolic of Northern Ontario, the Dioceses of Amos and the Vicariate Apostolic of James Bay, on December 10, 1938, the name was changed to the Diocese of Timmins. The Diocese comprises the south eastern part of the District of Cochrane, and the entire District of Timiskaming.
  • Website of the Diocese of Timmins

  • Most Rev. Serge Poitras
    Bishop of Timmins
    65 Jubilee Ave. East
    Timmins, Ontario P4N 5W4
    Phone: (705) 267 6224
    Fax: (705) 267 6226

    Most Rev. J. Landriault,D.D.
    Bishop Emeritus of Timmins
    Résidence Jean-PaulII, 1243 Kilborn Avenue
    Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6K9
    Phone: (613) 738-5025