The Archdiocese of Ottawa was created out of the Diocese of Kingston and the Diocese of Montreal as the Diocese of Bytown on June 25, 1847. The name was changed to the Diocese of Ottawa on June 14, 1860. It was elevated to an Archdiocese on June 8, 1886. Today, the Archdiocese of Ottawa includes the city of Ottawa, the counties of Carlton, Russell, and Prescott, and the Townships of Darling, Pakenham, Ramsay and Lavant in the county of Lanark.
  • Website of the Archdiocese of Ottawa

  • Most Rev. Terrence Prendergast, D.D.
    Archbishop of Ottawa
    1247 Kilborn Place
    Ottawa, Ontario K1H 6K9
    Phone: (613) 738-5025
    Fax: (613) 738-0130

    Most Rev. Christian Riesbeck
    Auxiliary Bishop of Ottawa
    1247 Kilborn Place
    Ottawa, Ontario K1H 6K9
    Phone: (613) 738-5025
    Fax: (613) 738-0130

    Most Rev. Marcel Gervais,D.D.
    Archbishop Emeritus of Ottawa
    1247 Kilborn Place
    Ottawa, Ontario K1H 6K9
    Phone: (613) 738-5025
    Fax: (613) 738-0130